Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Snow Day!

And that means I had off from school...  Which, on any other occasion as a much younger person, I would have been all over like a squirrel on nuts, but I really like going to school. Funny as that may sound, I've been enjoying learning more about my chosen craft than I had expected. The challenges are growing more pronounced and the avenues by which to complete my assignments have quickly become blocked by all sorts of natural hazards.

I love it.

It makes me have to think unconventionally - "outside the box" so to speak.

And tomorrow is Thanksgiving, too. Which means "a day off" from school. Ugh. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving at home, but I'll still have my mind on how I'm going to get that photo story assignment accomplished...

So I'll leave you with a few images to tide you over til I put up more.  Maybe I should start posting an image an entry so that I can get more images out there.  Not that I have a huge following or anything. I rode the ferry with my one follower today from the one class I had this week with him and our conversation revolved around photography and that of nature and underwater stuff. I'm exceptionally impressed with this guy and the work he does. I'm looking forward to our next quarter's class together where more of our images will be creatively inspired and complex.

Happy Thanksgiving to those who stop by and read my humble posts.

A new self-portrait in the Edward Steichen style.



















"Glaucus" - a photo manipulation done for class...
"Greek Lad" - fine art portraiture
"Taxi!" - part of my very first fashion photo shoot...

4 comments: