Monday, November 29, 2010

Photo Story

All right, so - I have a photo story coming up for class.  It's part of our final assignment and is supposed to take a couple of weeks to complete.  The biggest sticking point is timing, lighting, weather, model availability...  All easily overcome with the proper attitude, I guess.

I don't know how I'll execute the shoots properly, but I can already tell they'll be laborious and tangled - by tangled I mean steeped in problems.  Having that sort of outlook - for me - makes it better when things miraculously fall into place.  Murphy and I are distant cousins, I think, and his laws apply to my life like no one else's

Here are some of the shots from last week's portraiture assignment for Photo 101:

Horizontal Portrait

Vertical Portrait

Generational Portrait
Group Portrait (5 or more people)
Environmental Portrait
Inspired portrait (Edward Steichen style)



The following are from the prior week's Motion assignment:

Stop Action with fast shutter speed
Stop Action with slower shutter speed
Stop Action with fast shutter speed (2)
Stop Action with slower shutter speed (2)
Pan shot with slow moving object - fast shutter speed
Pan shot with slow moving object - slower shutter speed
Pan shot with fast object - slower shutter speed
Pan shot with fast object - fast shutter speed
Blur shot - fast shutter speed
Blur shot - slower shutter speed
Blur shot with fast moving object - fast shutter speed



2 comments:

  1. D&D! Holy cow!

    More seriously, I found this to be an interesting set of juxtapositions. Perhaps you could use these images to create a tutorial on dA?

    (This is ShadowedAcolyte, aka Ross, from dA. Good luck with your blog! I like it so far.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ross -
    I never thought of creating a tutorial. I think I need to get more technically involved with the art of photography before I do that, but it's an awesome idea.
    Thanks for coming by and looking through here!

    ReplyDelete