Sunday, November 28, 2010

Autumn Cleaning

We did a lot of bizarro Spring cleaning yesterday.  By that I mean that we did a lot of Spring Cleaning in the Autumn.  Why I capitalized those words, I don't know - but I thought it appropriate.  Don't judge me!

I digress... We got rid of a lot of stuff we haven't used, were duplicates, were broken, had no matches, were *so* last season, took up too much room, were old... and gave the really useful stuff to charity.  We even got rid of a really nice full sized bed and mattress set.  Sturdy, no defects, all hardware intact.  We also got rid of (donated, of course) some really cool comic books and graphic novels, some of them will be collector's items.  Hopefully those who get them will value their rarity and take care of them properly.

Now, some may say - "Carlos, why didn't you put them up on ebay for auction or whatnot?"  Bah.  Too much of a hassle and I don't feel like dealing with crazy people calling about comic books - or crazy people in general.  It's the holidays - 'tis the season for giving, says I

So now we will have a full week's worth of school this week.  I'm pretty psyched, and a bit leery.  It feels a bit disjointed now that we're nearing the end of the quarter.  I don't know about my classmates, but I feel as though the ball of yarn fell out of our hands and has unraveled in a tangle under the couch with the cat fur and dead flies.  I don't like it.  Since we weren't supposed to have off at all (except for Thanksgiving), that "snow day" we had on Tuesday and Wednesday of last week threw everything in a tizzy.

Hopefully the idea I have for my photo story will work well and I win an Emmy; or maybe even an Oscar. I could be like that dude from South America who created that cool special effects movie with $300 and was picked up by Hollywood for a few million because he kicked ass.  I wanna kick ass too.

Wish me luck.


(The following images were done this past year at our old studio.  It was a study of the male form, an envelope pushing exercise for me (I'm not much of a portraiture kind of guy), and a bit of a creative endeavor.  Enjoy)




No comments:

Post a Comment