Monday, December 27, 2010

Post Christmas, Pre New Year

I'm fidgety.

I need to be doing something with my hands, I think.  I've gone over and fracked with old photos a few times, manipulating them into something artsy, only to discard the entire process and do something else.

I guess I'm not happy with my style of imagery.  But the thing is, I don't have a favorite style to mimic or improve.  I guess that comes with a bit of time, patience and some effort.  I don't believe anything can be created without at least a modicum of effort.  If it comes too easy, there's something wrong with it in my opinion.  It wasn't all the way thought out, some of the cogs were missing, a step was skipped, the baby was thrown out with the bathwater... something.

Anyway, it's after Christmas and before the New Year.  Woo hoo.  I'm very much looking forward to starting classes again.  It'll help me channel my energies and give me purpose.  I need that, I think.

Here's a piece I created just today.  I like it, but don't love it.  It is what it is and tells its own story in its own way.  There's a simple beauty to that fact.

Sony DSC-P52 f/3.8, 6.3mm focal length, AWB, ISO 250, no flash - studio lighting.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful. I like your new style. It's a little mysterious but beautiful.

    ReplyDelete