Tuesday, December 21, 2010

As the New Year Approaches

The Solstice is nearly upon me as I write this.  It's (officially - astronomically speaking) due to arrive at 9:38pm (2138) Pacific Daylight Time.  What does that mean, really?  Not much - but, it *is* the end of a downward spiral for light around here and each day that dawns will be a little longer.  I can dig that.

My first quarter ended with a bang and I did very well, despite some transitional problems between myself and academia.  Mainly, I had issues with juggling five classes that all required a fair amount of 'homework' with the added pressures of moving a small business between cities and family drama.   My grades came out today and I got an A in Principles of Photography, an A in Photo Manipulation, an A in Color Theory, an A- in History of Photography, and a B- in Drawing and Perspective; for an accumulated grade point average (GPA) of 3.7.  (*yessssssssss*)

I'm looking forward to next quarter and seeing if I can 'team up' with some of my classmates to produce exceptional images for all of us - by that I mean that we draw from each other's strengths and experiences to come up with cool ideas and concepts and assist each other with their execution.  It'll still be 'winter,' technically - but we'll most likely have more sunny days, and I'll be able to share the studio space we have in order to come up with shots we may not have been able to have done otherwise.

It's a tough market out there, and those with the ability to stand tall through the curriculum will do well at the end when graduation/commencement is at hand.

I leave you for the year with the photo story I created as my final project for Principles of Photography:

"Thankless"



No comments:

Post a Comment