Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Photo(s) I Always Wanted To Shoot... #2

So the quarter has finally drawn to a close, and it was a very quick, yet drawn out 11 weeks.  I remember getting the first assignments in class, going on photo trips and then here we are taking final exams, doing final presentations, handing in final reports, and presenting final images.

Wow.

Next quarter will be on us very, very quickly, and it'll be a little more intense than this last one - at least for me.  I think I said that about this last quarter at the end of the first, didn't I?  I dunno, I think I did.  :D

For the final image of the quarter, I'll post the image that was the final in my Photo Design class.  Like the first Photo I Always Wanted To Shoot (PIAWTS), this is a concept piece that I want to carry through to other shoots in the future.  It's a recreation of a sculpture of the Greek Hero, Theseus, slaying the Centaur.  It was originally done by an Italian sculptor, Antonio Canova, in 1811 for Napoleon.

Hopefully this is just one of many to come in the future.  I love the Greek/Roman sculpture of heroic scenes and mythological characters from their old pantheon.  To be able to "bring them to life" is a desire of mine whereby I recreate them with artistic quality and aesthetic grandeur, bringing my own vision to the classic/archaic masterpiece as well as updating the vision behind the dynamics of the sculpture.

I'm looking forward to images to come, and sharing them with others!

©Carlos Paradinha Photography
Canon 7D with Photoshop manipulation of the Centaur.  ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment